About 2 months ago I started with the Sophie’s Universe CAL. It was a lot of work to catch up with the CAL, but now I am already at part 17 and the Cal is almost done. It was a lot of crocheting, but it was also a lot of fun to do. The colorful bands of flowers and the nice stitches make the Sophie’s Universe a very nice work to do.
There was only one band I didn’t liked very much, the butterfly band from part 14. So I made an alternative band. I tried 3 butterflies before I found a nice one that fitted in the Sophie. It was also a challenge to design the butterflies in such a way that the band fitted exactly in the Sophie. I succeeded very well and I like the band now better.
Because people asked me about the pattern I have written it down. First in Dutch, available on Elzeboom and from now it is ready in English and soon available. Luckily my SIL advised me on the language of the pattern and one user about the pattern, so I hope everyone will be satisfied with the result and find no difficulties making the Butterfly Band.