I am frustrated! Making the Lily Pond Blanket together is a whole bunch of work. First I discovered that the blue colored yarn meant to crochet the squares together was difficult to see. I have poor eyesight, So I had to switch to another color, but after three lines I found out that the light green color I had chosen, was not sufficient for another line. I had no feeling to frog the lines I already had crocheted, because it took much time to make them. I used therefore an other similar color for the last line, light blue and frogged 1 line and made these also light blue. So the center 9 squares are now divided by two green and two blue lines
I has also used the light blue yarn for the next square part of the blanket, this includes the panels from part 1 and some flowers. Luckily I found out that my panels were broad enough, I didn’t have to make another row around the center squares, as I feared after finishing these panels. Well the first 9 squares and the second row of the blanket cost me two evenings and also some hours in the day to complete.
The third square row of panels and flowers is costing even more time. First I had to frog the dark blue lines I already crocheted on the sides of some panels, than I had to make new lines of light blue on the panels sides, that is were I stranded this afternoon. Now I still have to combine the last 8 flowers and the 8 panels and after that is done, to crochet this third part of the blanket and the center part in one piece. And there is still a lot of threads to make invisible and an edge to crochet before the blanket is finished.
In the pictures part 1 and part 2 finished, look at the blue lines 🙂
Have a nice weekend, Elzeblaadje