I am relieved and happy, because the Lily Pond Blanket is finished and the result is better than I hoped for. The last time I blogged I wrote about my frustration with the joining of the squares. But this is all behind me.
The third row took a lot of time joining the squares and panels, and when I finished it, my light blue yarn was also diminished to a very small amount. Also the third row and the center part couldn’t be joined easily, for there was a gap. So with the leftover yarns I made some extra rows around the center part and also around the inner side of row three. I also made in advance the border around row 3. And then it was time to join the 4 seams between center part and row three. I used meadow this time and it was an easy but time consuming job. To my surprise the blanket turned out to be square and straight, the extra rows did the job and the blanket is formed well.
The last job was clipping the threads of the seams. What was an easy job to do. The blanket will go to my brother and friend and they will hang it on the wall of there workplace. My work is done 🙂