I am working hard to make all the pieces of the Frida’s Flowers before a certain date. So I am laying all my other projects aside and use all my free time to crochet on the pieces. In a few days I made all the six pieces of part 6, the ring of roses.
First I made one to find out if there are difficulties in the making. But the first rounds in which the flower is crocheted are easy enough.
Then we encounter the bullion stitch, after a bit of exercise I found out the the easiest way to make this stitch is to twiddle the yarn at the base of the needle 4 times and then pulling the yarn through with the thumb on the twirls.
The second problem is the making of the leaves in 2 colors of green, the first round was going alright, but the second one gives me problems. On the point of the leaf, the hook struggles with the yarn and is difficult to pull through. Also the six stitches after this point were difficult to execute, I always seem to miss one.
The last rounds of the hexagon piece were no problem at all, only I found it easier to fix the leaf point to the last round by not skip the middle stitch but by crocheting the point to this stitch. I hope this will not give me problems by fastening the pieces to each other.
All six pieces are now made, up to part 7.