All panels of the Frida’s Flowers Cal are now made! I just have finished the 5 hexagons of part 7, Frida’s Bouquet. Now I have to assemble all pieces in a superb blanket. But first I have to eliminate all loose threads of the remaining 10 pieces. this gives lot of work to do.
Part 7 is a mix of all other panels, a little flower on top, leaves, red petals and a background piece, of yellow and white. The flower is the cosmos flower of the first piece. It is just a little flower on top of a bigger flower, surrounded with more yellow and white flowers, the bouquet.
This time there were 5 pieces to make. I made the little flowers in different colors, first lime and soft peach in two flowers and meadow and white in two others and lime and white in the last flower (this will be the centerpiece). The leaves get the same colors as the top flowers. The second row of the leaves was the most difficult to make, counting my stitches wouldn’t help, I always missed one. Only missing a stitch doesn’t matter for the next rounds. I found also the yellow color of round 9 a bit to much yellow. And then I forgot to make the blue bullion stitches, but I have corrected that later. Only on the pictures they are still absent.
Taking stock of all the hexagons, I concluded that a few colors were used very minimal, like copper and raspberry. Also I have used only 1,5 skein of midnight. So there is 1,5 skein left for the edging.
If you are going to start the blanket later on, it is a good idea to look into my Ravelry account for the exact length and weight of yarn I used. Maybe you have some leftover yarn that will replace the minimal colors copper and raspberry.