I am good in forgetting to finish projects. So there are a lot of u.f.o.’s in my boxes and working basket. This summer I want to finish some of these projects. After each new project I search for an old not finished project and try to finish it. Sometimes very difficult because I can’t find the original pattern or haven’t kept my notes.
After finishing Miss Bear, also an u.f.o. I found in the bag a few parts of a small bear, The knitted body and head parts were kept together by a pin, but I couldn’t find out which part belonged to the body or to the head and how they had to be assembled. Also the little bits or yarn in the bag were not sufficient for knitting the other parts of the bear and the yarn I had ordered to finish the bear, was a bit different from the original yarn. It was becoming a real challenge to make the bear.
In my work book I found a copy of the pattern. The bear turned out to be the small star bear of Debbie Bliss! With the pattern at hand I sewed the parts of the bear together and knitted arms and legs. The description of the pattern is not always clear but I remembered from other DB bears I made that I had to start at the cast on side of the neck to sew the head parts to each other. I missed a picture of the head parts, in which was showed how to assemble them. Only written instructions are put in he book. I also had altered some instructions to minimize the amount of parts to knit, that was either not helping. Also I hadn’t noted the needle size, and this was different from the pattern. The ears I made with the remnants of the original yarn and some natural flesh colored yarn, for the arms and legs I used the newly ordered yarn in a slightly different color. The used yarn is SMC Bravo, the needle size 4.0 and 3.5 mm
For the little bear I made furthermore pants and a shirt. Later on I made also a skirt and shoes. I think it is a nice bear, looking joyful and it looks like she want to dance.