When I started with crochet in 2012, I was first inspired to make amigurumi. And my first design was a little bird. I made several birdies to test the pattern. Now 6 year later i have translated the pattern in dutch, And to do so I made more birdies. It was again a fun project.
A little bird cost only a few hours to make. Most time consuming things are sewing the little parts to each other and embroidering the bird.
Threads have to be carefully finished off and there are a few tricks that can make the bird sturdy. So the wing threads are pierced through the body to a place on the back, then firmly knotted and put away in the body. Pulling the body fabric a bit up will do the trick. Remember a child will play with the bird and pull hard on the parts, you don’t want these parts to come loose.
More about making amigurumi is to find by https://www.planetjune.com/blog/
My birdie pattern in English is to find in the pattern part of my website under little things
The dutch pattern is to be found on Elzeboom, my dutch website.
Much fun making birds, Elzeblaadje
I was inspired with the knittings of katie Jones and wanted to make something similar, just for fun. So I knitted this small baby sweater in four colors, with cables, moss stitch, holes, bobbles and ridges. On the back came in the middle a nice looking bunch of flowers.
The yarn is Scheepjes Colour Crafter, a very soft acrylic yarn. The colors where salmon, white, light green and lavender.
Just a simple baby sweater. I made it last year for a very sweet boy in the family. I have used only blue colors and white. The yarn is cotton and the technique is knitting in stocking stitch. Very simple and very easy to make. The front and the back are knitted in a square and the buttons are on a shoulder. I like to knit between the crochet, because it relaxes me and a straightforward piece is easy to combine with watching the telly.
My Spirit of Life wrap or table runner is finished! The last part was a nice edge and it was finished before christmas. Because of activity’s on other projects my blog was a bit quiet the last months or so. But I show you the results in this post.
The edge is rather simple, due to the fact I was running out of yarn. I haven’t followed the instructions on this part but made it on the way. It is constructed of several rounds of 1 sc ch 1, alternated with rounds of only sc. Mostly the cotton rounds were 1sc, ch1, and the wool rounds 2 sc in each ch space.
The wrap is very warm when used as a wrap and she is very long. A bit toot long to be used as a table runner. My table is rather small. I am very pleased with the result.
This blog is all about a cardigan I made in the autumn. It is a while back, because the project was lying on s shelf for I couldn’t find proper buttons.
My idea was to make a cardigan covered with sunflowers all over the body. I started looking for a sunflower granny pattern. I found a lot of them but they all were not fitting. some were to big, others to complicated or with too many petals. In the end I made the granny pattern myself, a bit like I had found some but with an adjusted pattern. Now they fitted nicely in my cardigan.
After the first row of grannies was assembled I adjusted my idea, more sunflowers would be too much, Already a row of sunflowers is a bit overwhelming. I made the cardigan without sleeves, for in autumn a cardigan is still a bit too warm to wear. I found a nice yarn with a copper color. And the small edges are in a gold color. The yarn is Stylecraft Special DK, for more details see my Ravelry page.
Making a sunflower granny is not difficult to do. I have written the pattern down, but because I have changed it a bit later on it is not ready to publish yet.
I wanted buttons with flowers, but the ones I found were much too big for the button holes. So I sewed smaller wooden buttons to the front edge and although they aren’t sunflowers, they look nice.
The sunflower pattern will soon be available in my pattern section.
Again a part of mosaic crochet, this time the colors are green (catania) and natural (Flora). There were no great problems this time, although I misread a few blocks in the written pattern but with the help of the diagram of the mosaic I found the right direction and everything went well. I like the green/natural combination of colors. First I wanted to use the lighter green, I had used in the squares, but the amount of yarn was too small and there was no second skein.
The last part of the Spirit of life Cal was easy going, just straight forward crochet with a bit of overlay crochet. The overlay stitches resembled the stitches in my intermezzo part, so it all went well.
The edge will be the last part and I am afraid I have too little yarn left to make the edge as in the pattern is written. I think I make an edge of my own.
Part 6 of the Spirit of Life Cal consists of 4 squares. The central circle of the square is a flower. It is a complicated flower to crochet. After three squares i was comfortable with the pattern and didn’t looked upon my paper. Also this time the last round of the square is made with half dc stitches, otherwise the squares became too big. No real problems were encountered in the making of the squares and the constructing of the band to the main body. I have played a little bit with the colors and replaced dark green with a light green.