Do you remember my secret garden blanket? It is finished and almost ready to hang on the wall. In the last post i made a edge of roses. I had the idea that some water in my garden would be nice so I made two rows of ditches with some flowers like the yellow lis on the banks of the ditch. It is not so complicated to make. But there are a lot of rows to crochet.
Last weeks my Sophie’s Universe was hidden in the closet for a while. I had no idea how to go on with the blanket. Should I make the squares of part 19, Jack an Lydia or should I make my own contribution to the blanket. My head was empty, my hands still. I used the time to make a shawl and to go on with part 4 of the Lily Pond Cal. Furthermore the family also needed some attention. But all came round. After browsing many websites and books, I came upon crocheting a strip of bobble stitches as first band of the extended Sophie’s Universe. Making the bobbles it occurred to me that I had to stay in the garden with Sophie. Behind the gate there are the wild things like trees and mushrooms, slugs and beetles and so on. So I made a drawing of the new rounds and the mushroom central in it. It was just what I needed to go on and so in a few days I made my band with mushrooms and baby-mushrooms. So now my garden is extended with the wild woods. The bobbles turned out to be berries. What will come next, I don’t know on the moment. I am thinking of dragonflies, beetles and snails.
Crochet on the table in an old or new lantern, I crocheted a tree frog and a orchid and placed the on a branch of one of mine garden shrubs. The tree frog came from roman-sock, A page full of nice little patterns.
The orchid is my own idea. On the table was a nice flowering orchid and I copied it a bit, The plants are fasten on the branches with small wire. The pattern for the frog included some bright eyes, but I hadn’t these in my stash, so I made the eyes with yarn.
On the bottom of the glass container is another frog. This one is crocheted wit very small yarn, katia jaipur. The frog turned out to be an nice beast, I made the eyes this time with some wooden orange beads. She turned out to be a rather nice frog.
Center piece is a little frog I made for the challenge!
You can read it following the link
My box is full of flowers and autumn leaves, all crocheted. It is a colorful picture. I am going to sew the flowers and leaves on a bag. But I am still wondering what the best way to do it will be. Will I make a crocheted base or will I sew the object directly unto the bag. The flowers an leaves patterns are all from a book. The resemblance with real flowers and leaves is very natural and good.
It is very quiet around the CAL, but I am still working on it. Today a glimpse of the container and its occupants. I have made an orchid, just like the one that was flowering on my table all summer. I found two nice sticks. I believe they where once honeysuckle branches. They are nicely shaped and perfect to be an underground for the leafy plant I crocheted before. I am looking for a nice critter that can be placed in the container.
Well I Haven’t much time, but I have the container filled with this little plant, a green cactus. It was more work than it looked and not very original. But it is finished and now I can go on with the next chapter, critters a flowering plants. But You have forgotten the moss, I hear say. No I have not, I crocheted a floor in the container,a mossy floor.