This blog is all about a cardigan I made in the autumn. It is a while back, because the project was lying on s shelf for I couldn’t find proper buttons.
My idea was to make a cardigan covered with sunflowers all over the body. I started looking for a sunflower granny pattern. I found a lot of them but they all were not fitting. some were to big, others to complicated or with too many petals. In the end I made the granny pattern myself, a bit like I had found some but with an adjusted pattern. Now they fitted nicely in my cardigan.
After the first row of grannies was assembled I adjusted my idea, more sunflowers would be too much, Already a row of sunflowers is a bit overwhelming. I made the cardigan without sleeves, for in autumn a cardigan is still a bit too warm to wear. I found a nice yarn with a copper color. And the small edges are in a gold color. The yarn is Stylecraft Special DK, for more details see my Ravelry page.
Making a sunflower granny is not difficult to do. I have written the pattern down, but because I have changed it a bit later on it is not ready to publish yet.
I wanted buttons with flowers, but the ones I found were much too big for the button holes. So I sewed smaller wooden buttons to the front edge and although they aren’t sunflowers, they look nice.
The sunflower pattern will soon be available in my pattern section.