Did you loved my autumn cardigan with the toadstools? I have put the pattern of the toadstools online You can find the pattern here >>>> Toadstool Pattern page.
The pattern was designed for the extended parts of my Sophie’s Universe Blanket. The band is crocheted in rows, so it is suitable to incorporate in a cardigan or sweater.
An other band I designed is the butterfly band. You can find the pattern here >>>> Butterfly Band pattern page
I hope many sweaters and cardigans will be made with butterflies, mushrooms and toadstools this autumn.
I have participated in the Ross Poldark Blanket Cal. So the last 2 months I was busy with crocheting the panels and squares of the blanket. I made it from my stash, although I had to order some extra skeins of certain colors. Because i was out of silver and didn’t liked the grey colors I have replaced them with sage and cloud blue, also copper and mocha were replaced with claret and gold, and black with midnight. In one block I have used a little bit of raspberry. The color names you can find bij Stylecraft special dk acrylic yarn.
For the pattern I used the dutch written version. In the description I sometimes had to look on the pictures, because nowhere was written in which stitch in the underlying row or round, a bpdc or fpdc was anchored. That was a bit annoying, But luckily there was a big picture of the square of panel in which you could see all details.
I have used 12 and a half skein of yarn, but I think there is also a half skein of threads left. The last week I was very busy with all the loose threads to finish off and to sew the seams together. That was more work than crocheting the panels itself. And there is still a row to be done.
The edge I created myself is very simple, just some little dots and row of sc stitches. I ended with a a row of midnight sc and each 6th stitch a fptc.
My Mystical Lantern scarf is finished. I have made it in an other way than Jane Crowfoot suggested in her pattern. When I was laying the grannies in a row, it occurred to me that pairing them in duo’s and lengthwise formed a nice scarf and was easy to perform. The grannies were first paired and the with a contrasting color crocheted to each other. On the ends one single granny was adjusted to close the scarf. In total 30 grannies were made. The yarn is Scheepjes Colour Crafter. The used colors (8) are to be found i my Ravelry project page. The scarf is a bit blocked by the warm hand method. On the photos this was not yet happened. I think, I will buy a jacket that will match the scarf
A few months ago I became enthusiastic over the Mystical Lantern Shawl of Jany Crowfoot. So I made some Mystical Grannies with Scheepjes Colour Crafter. But Something else came along and I forgot all about the grannies. But today I am continuing with the project. Only I I am not going to make a triangular shawl but I will form the grannies in a ribbon kind of shawl. My grannies are zo big that two of them in a straight line are broad enough for this kind of shawl. I counted 17 grannies in my project, but I have to make at least 10 more for the shawl. Yesterday I put the grannies together and it looked very nice.
Last week I have made some changes in the pattern section of my blog. Among other things the Starcraft 2 patterns were a bit messy and in my pattern box there was still an unpublished pattern of a Zergling. This time it made it to my blog. I am a bit ashamed it took so long for publishing this real cool pattern. It is a complicated pattern, with lot of spikes, arms, wings and legs. So do not start easily but read the pattern carefully before making.
I made the Zergling for a real Starcraft 2 fan and it is a nice piece to posses.
The other Starcraft patterns, like Baneling and Overlord are all in one place now and easy to find, just click on the pattern and so section of this blog or in the menu on the right.
In december 2016 it was present time, so I made some gifts to unwrap on Christmas. But the presents had to be small and light for they had to travel overseas in a suitcase. It was difficult to imagine what the family would like to have. Nowadays everybody has all kinds of things so what present is there to give. My idea was to make a slipcover to put in a ladies bag in which you can protect your phone or you can put some other item in, like a smal box of paper handkerchiefs ore something else.
The slipcovers, I made three for three ladies, where all made from nice colorful cotton. I use often SMC Catania for it has a nice shiny touch. Every cover is made from 2 small Granny squares. They were combined to a small case. After joining them I made a bottom and an upper part with a flap wherein a buttonhole was made. The granny pattern came from a book, but it was a bit too big, so I altered the last rounds of the grannies. Most work came afterwards, the threads hanging loose.
The last days of the year were busy days. Making foods for new years eve kept me busy. In between I was knitting a small spencer for a little boy and his bigger brother. The pattern is from a book I got on my birthday “Klompelompe”. It was a dutch translation of the very popular Norwegian baby and toddler patterns packed in a book. Just before the year ended the second spencer was finished.
I have already started a new baby knit from the book, a simple dress in toddler size. I have knitted the year away. The first project of 2017 will be this pink dress. I have also a crochet project in my working basket. But that is a much bigger size cardigan, I will write about it another time.
The little spencers are made with Stylecraft special DK remnants and knitted on a pair of needles size 4.0 mm. The first had color storm blue the second petrol. The edges are knit in seed stitch.
Happy New Year, Elzeblaadje