My Mystical Lantern scarf is finished. I have made it in an other way than Jane Crowfoot suggested in her pattern. When I was laying the grannies in a row, it occurred to me that pairing them in duo’s and lengthwise formed a nice scarf and was easy to perform. The grannies were first paired and the with a contrasting color crocheted to each other. On the ends one single granny was adjusted to close the scarf. In total 30 grannies were made. The yarn is Scheepjes Colour Crafter. The used colors (8) are to be found i my Ravelry project page. The scarf is a bit blocked by the warm hand method. On the photos this was not yet happened. I think, I will buy a jacket that will match the scarf
A few months ago I became enthusiastic over the Mystical Lantern Shawl of Jany Crowfoot. So I made some Mystical Grannies with Scheepjes Colour Crafter. But Something else came along and I forgot all about the grannies. But today I am continuing with the project. Only I I am not going to make a triangular shawl but I will form the grannies in a ribbon kind of shawl. My grannies are zo big that two of them in a straight line are broad enough for this kind of shawl. I counted 17 grannies in my project, but I have to make at least 10 more for the shawl. Yesterday I put the grannies together and it looked very nice.
Last week I have made some changes in the pattern section of my blog. Among other things the Starcraft 2 patterns were a bit messy and in my pattern box there was still an unpublished pattern of a Zergling. This time it made it to my blog. I am a bit ashamed it took so long for publishing this real cool pattern. It is a complicated pattern, with lot of spikes, arms, wings and legs. So do not start easily but read the pattern carefully before making.
I made the Zergling for a real Starcraft 2 fan and it is a nice piece to posses.
The other Starcraft patterns, like Baneling and Overlord are all in one place now and easy to find, just click on the pattern and so section of this blog or in the menu on the right.
The last 2 weeks I have been knitting on several projects from the Klomplompe book. I made from the patterns in the book a summer-dress, a bolero and top for a 2 year old little girl. First I made the summer-dress. I used Stylecraft special DK color apricot. The skirt seemed a bit dull, so I knitted a band of ajour in it. It looks a bit like Butterflies. The top of the dress is also in ajour. I knitted it 2 times because The first time the top was too small. second time I used a larger needle by the cast off and a few stitches more. The result was now better. I also made a closure or placket on the backside of the dress. The dress was finished with wooden flower buttons
The bolero was in color cream an a bit difficult to make. I didn’t understand the chart at first and made a mess of the first pattern. I pulled it out and started all over. Whenever I did understand the pattern it was easy to go, just counting the stitches every time did it.
The top was made from the remnants of the yarn. I made a flat back, with no flaps, crocheted an edge and made with the knitty mouse a cord to put through the edge. The ajour pattern was already used in the bolero, so I encountered no problems this time. I used in total 2 balls, but you have to buy 3 balls whenever using different colors.
In december I made this nice sweater as a present for a very little boy. It is size 1 year and is knitted with 2 colors Stylecraft Special DK , waterfall and white. On the front size i also knitted two polar bears. I like to knit and alternate it with a crochet project. Such a little sweater is a fun project to make. The pattern’s size can be found on the Jessica Tromp website. The closure is on one of the shoulders.
In december 2016 it was present time, so I made some gifts to unwrap on Christmas. But the presents had to be small and light for they had to travel overseas in a suitcase. It was difficult to imagine what the family would like to have. Nowadays everybody has all kinds of things so what present is there to give. My idea was to make a slipcover to put in a ladies bag in which you can protect your phone or you can put some other item in, like a smal box of paper handkerchiefs ore something else.
The slipcovers, I made three for three ladies, where all made from nice colorful cotton. I use often SMC Catania for it has a nice shiny touch. Every cover is made from 2 small Granny squares. They were combined to a small case. After joining them I made a bottom and an upper part with a flap wherein a buttonhole was made. The granny pattern came from a book, but it was a bit too big, so I altered the last rounds of the grannies. Most work came afterwards, the threads hanging loose.
The toddler dress, I am knitting ask for a knitted piece of string to close the dress. Mostly I crochet such a piece. But this day I remembered I had somewhere a little machine that could also do this for me. It was an old piece kept from my mothers stash when she died. I had never used it. I remembered also where I had put the little machine and so I took it from its drawer and opened the box and there it was the knitty mouse. I even have tried it and made a nice piece of string for the baby dress. The original machine is German and called strick maus. Translated it is knitty mouse. You put a weight on a yarn thread and than twist the machine and the piece of cord will be made.