It took some time, but now my Mandala Madness part 4 has finished. It was a real challenge to hook this part, because there is a lot of counting to do. Especially round 33 was not an easy one, I had to frog parts and count and recount, and by making the next round it still didn’t respond on some places. When you look at the pictures, you can see that the Mandala is not straight on every place. I am going to hook an extra round to make the Mandala a bit straighter.
I have finished the third part of the Mandala Madness Cal. It was a difficult process for I mis read the pattern and I ended with 22 dc in the last round in stead of 19, but some frogging did it. Just keep your head clear and count, count and count again. The last round was also a bit complicated. I just did not see over how many stitches a ruffle stitch is made. At the end I read the description again and it occurred to be 3 stitches. Now it went smoothly. I am satisfied with the result of the third part.
The second part of my Mandala Madness is completed. It was for me a total surprise to see the star, the Mandala is transforming too, in this part of the Cal. I hadn’t expected it to happen. It was also difficult for me to choose the colors in this round. I have finally repeated the licht green of the center piece, in the first rounds. it is Colour Crafter yarn. For the rounds around the leaves I choose salmon and for the last round I choose an even more lighter greenish yarn also from Colour Crafter yarn. The little light green leaves are now clear in view. The last round was a tiresome round to make. I hope I haven’t made mistakes in it. I am not in te mood to repeat the round. The inner corners I found a bit sloppy, but maybe there is a solution in the following rounds, I haven’t seen the description of these rounds yet, only some pictures on facebook and to my surprise the star becomes round again and changes in a big flower. The Mandala Madness piece is already large enough to make in a cushion, but seen the third part, I expect also to crochet this piece and form a round cushion cover of it.
The first part of the Mandala Madness CAL is completed. The design is from Helen Shrimpton. I have used the dutch translation to make this first part of the Mandala and there are some bugs in its description. So is the last round composed of bpsc but in translation writes sc. Looking at the pictures I found out what was the meaning so no harm was done. I learned also a new stitch, a folding sc. For the MM I used some SMC Bravo, red, orange, yellow, white and lavender, and Scheepjes Colour Crafter, the greens, purple and pink. Mostly I crocheted with hook 3.5 because of tr or dc rounds, otherwise I took hook 4.0. It is a nice start of the Mandala. So if you haven’t joined yet, come and do so for the design is pretty enough.
I have almost finished my garden blanket, so I have now time to think about a new project. There are 2 Cals I like to join in. First the Frida’s Flowers blanket designed bij Jane Crowfoot and second the Mandala Madness designed by Helen Shrimpton. Because I was hooked to my blanket, I haven’t followed the preparations very well. But now I will. The MM CAL has already begon and the first Mandala’s are to be found on facebook. I have some trouble with the colors people have chosen, I haven’t found a nice color scheme already. I think I will only do the first rounds and make a cushion cover with it. The FF CAL starts in april. I have checked my stash and there where enough balls of wool to start the FF and with ordering some new balls I will have sufficient yarn to make the whole blanket. Because Eastern is near I will start this weekend with the Mandala Madness. I will use the leftovers from my Garden Blanket and some new yarn I ordered a few weeks ago. I think this will be sufficient for a cushion cover.
Have a nice day, Elzeblaadje