This year I made some nice baby outfits. But I didn’t blogged about it because most baby knits are surprises for the mama’s and papa’s to be! For a little boy in England, that was born this summer, I made a very little debardeur or spencer. Along with it I made a Toad hat and a simple Just born hat with stripes. The toad hat was inspired by Mario bros from Nintendo. The debardeur was a pattern from Tante Hilde (aunt Hilde) . A toadstool applique was hooked to decorate the spencer. The spencer can be opened on the sides and shoulders so you can easy wrap your baby in it. The big bear showed the outfit. The baby size was 62 cm. The used Yarn Katia Peques. Needle 2.5 and 3 mm were needed. The toad hat was my own design.
I am a little bit behind with posting, The Sophie’s Universe is ready. I have washed it and put it on my bed. It sleeps wonderful warm. But there are 2 parts of the Sophie I wanted to write about. In the picture you can see both parts. First the extension of the Sophie and second the border.
Th extension of the Sophie was made because I didn’t wanted to make more grannies. I have so many granny projects on my hands now a day that another would be too much, so I made an extension of my own for the Sophie. My first idea was, the Sophie is a garden and the diamond band is the framing of the garden, behind the frame there is the wild forest and woodlands and in my extensions I wanted that to symbolize. If you go beyond the gate, you find the woods, with berry plants, with toadstools and mushrooms, you find the leaves of the trees and the wild flowers. It all goes wild in the end.
In the borer you find a wall of blue stones, more wild flowers, blue skies and little plants, and in the end the horizon of an setting sun. And so my Sophie’s Universe voyage has almost ended. Almost because I will write the border and extension in a pattern, just like the butterfly band.
I hope you all enjoyed my voyage into the wild beyond the Sophie’s Universe, Elzeblaadje
Last weeks my Sophie’s Universe was hidden in the closet for a while. I had no idea how to go on with the blanket. Should I make the squares of part 19, Jack an Lydia or should I make my own contribution to the blanket. My head was empty, my hands still. I used the time to make a shawl and to go on with part 4 of the Lily Pond Cal. Furthermore the family also needed some attention. But all came round. After browsing many websites and books, I came upon crocheting a strip of bobble stitches as first band of the extended Sophie’s Universe. Making the bobbles it occurred to me that I had to stay in the garden with Sophie. Behind the gate there are the wild things like trees and mushrooms, slugs and beetles and so on. So I made a drawing of the new rounds and the mushroom central in it. It was just what I needed to go on and so in a few days I made my band with mushrooms and baby-mushrooms. So now my garden is extended with the wild woods. The bobbles turned out to be berries. What will come next, I don’t know on the moment. I am thinking of dragonflies, beetles and snails.
Last days, i was busy with the fairy ring. 6 Mushrooms had to be made and they had te be very small. It was a challenge, making such small mushrooms. Each one is also different from the other, some are flat, some are hollow, some are thick, some have a nice cap. On the photo the sixth is missing, it was still on the table and in progress, but now the ring is complete. It was also a challenge how the ornament would fit in the meadow. Each time they flipped to al sides, but thanks to Ellen I found a way.