Tag Archives: square

Spirit of Life Cal 3 update

Finished the little square patches of Part 3 of the Spirit of Life Cal. The middle circle is the trickiest part and cost some time to make, the rest is very easy straightforward crochet. But each square cost me almost a day, but that is due to all the projects I am busy making. If I could spend all hours in a day to crochet or knitting, there should be much progress in my projects. Now I am doing crochet in the day hours between other things I have to do. Knitting and simple crochet is for the evenings. The zip-joining is also not very difficult, but joining the squares to the basic piece was more a problem, for the left side was a bit longer than the right side, so I had to do it all over. I am still not totally  satisfied, maybe I do it one more time, I haven’t weaved in the threads so I can do it again. My concern lies by the edge, part 2 is a bit smaller than part 1 and 3, maybe blocking would help, but I don’t like to block each part over and over, so I wait till the whole wrap is finished.

I have already started  with part 4. Never have done C2C before, but the first steps were easy going.

Greetings, Elzeblaadje

Advertisements

Lily pond blanket – the final touch 2

LP_ready8I am relieved and happy, because the Lily Pond Blanket is finished and the result is better than I hoped for. The last time I blogged I wrote about my frustration with the joining of the squares. But this  is all behind me.

The third row took a lot of time  joining the squares and panels, and when I finished it, my light blue yarn was also diminished to a very small amount. Also the third row and the center part couldn’t be  joined easily, for there was a gap. So with the leftover yarns I made some extra rows around the center part and also around the inner side of row three. I also made in advance the border around  row 3. And then it was time to join the 4 seams between center part and row three. I used meadow this time and it was an easy but time consuming job. To my surprise the blanket turned out to be square and straight, the extra rows did the job and the blanket is formed well.

The last job was clipping the threads of the seams. What was an easy job to do. The blanket will go to my brother and friend and they will hang it on the wall of there workplace. My work is done 🙂

Greetings, ElzeblaadjeLP_ready6

Lily pond blanket – the final touch

I am frustrated! Making the Lily Pond Blanket together is a whole bunch of work. First I discovered that the blue colored yarn meant to crochet the squares together was difficult to see. I have poor eyesight, So I had to switch to another color, but after three lines I found out that the light green color I had chosen, was not sufficient for another line. I had no feeling to frog the lines I already had crocheted, because it took much time to make them. I used therefore an other similar color for the last line, light blue and frogged 1 line and made these also light blue. So the center 9 squares are now divided by two green and two blue lines

I has also used the light blue yarn  for the next square part of the blanket, this includes the panels from part 1 and some flowers. Luckily I found out that my panels were broad enough, I didn’t have to make another row around the center squares, as I feared after finishing these panels. Well the first 9 squares and the second row of the blanket cost me two evenings and also some hours in the day to complete.

The third square row of panels and flowers is  costing even more time. First I had to frog the dark blue lines I already crocheted on the sides of some panels, than I had to make new lines of light blue on the panels sides, that is were I stranded this afternoon. Now I still have to combine the last 8 flowers and the  8 panels and after that is done, to crochet this third part of the blanket and the center part in one piece. And there is still a lot of threads to make invisible and an edge to crochet before the blanket is finished.

In the pictures part 1 and part 2 finished, look at the blue lines 🙂

Have a nice weekend, Elzeblaadje

lp_inelkaarzetten1lp_inelkaarzetten2

Lily Pond Cal part 3

Lilypond3JPGIt took some time, because I was busy with the other blanket, but now my third part of the Lily Pond Cal is finished. The four  lily buds are all made and the threads are hidden and cut off. It was a much easier square to make. The flowers are made with hook 4 mm. The square itself is made with hook 3.5 mm, although the first rounds in the original pattern were suggested to make with 4 mm, I choose a smaller hook. It turned out to be nicer and less wobbly. The color Atlantis is used in the last round. I like the effect of it. For the leaves I used first the color meadow alone, but it was a bit boring, so now it is alternated with the color spring green. I already used 1 skein of spring green so I had to order a second skein. Today it arrived, now I can go on with part 4 of the Cal.

Greetings Elzeblaadje

Lily Pond CAL part 1

7 April was the start of the Lily pond CAL from Stylecraft yarns. Because I liked the blanket idea  I am participating in the CAL. The first part is a piece of water. I turned out very nicely. The picture is a bit less color-full than the real piece. I have also a problem. The lily pond Blanket is a kind of granny blanket, so every piece has to be a certain size. But my piece of water is too large. I can do several things like starting all over, make more rows, crochet with less stitches, but it all depends on the squares, so I have to wait till I made a square and knows its size. An other problem was forgetting to order a nice blue color. But now I have time to do it still.

Greetings Elzeblaadje
lilypond_part1a